AIS provides a range of Tourism Management qualifications, each designed to accommodate the specific requirements of the tourism industry.
AIS courses combine key business disciplines and tourism best practice, with our graduates learning to apply their knowledge to a variety of management-level positions within the tourism sector, both in New Zealand and overseas.
New Zealand is renowned for being a critical area for tourism in the Asia-Pacific region. Known as the adventure capital of the world, New Zealand is also a hotspot for stunning beaches and countryside, and a haven for food lovers and marine enthusiasts. With such jewels on our doorstep, the number of people visiting New Zealand has grown steadily in the past decade; 3.82 million people travelled here during 2018.
With visitor numbers increasing, our tourism infrastructure is growing year on year, and with that growth comes a high demand for qualified, trained industry professionals. Become one of them by completing a tourism qualification from AIS.
AIS Tourism Management: a powerhouse of potential
Previous graduates of AIS Tourism Management have gone on to achieve significant success in their field. We have graduates in the following positions:
- Supervisor – Epicure
- Assistant Manager - Mana Tours
- Head of Sales & Marketing, Amora Hotel Auckland
- Travel Consultant - Relianz Travels
- Tourism Operations Manager - New Zealand Grand Tours
- Tour Guide - MYDO
- Data Base Consultant - Helloworld Ltd
- Front Office - Grand Mercure Hotel, Wanaka
- Manager - Budget Travellers Hotel
- Flight Supervisor - LSG Sky Chef
- Tour Consultant - Eco Travels
- Guest Service Agent - Holiday Inn
- Tour Operator - New View Tours Ltd