AIS has a partnership with Intern NZ, a specialist company dedicated to providing customised internships and placements in New Zealand. They offer internships in business, IT, hospitality, tourism, and many other industries.
Internships offer an increase in employment prospects by helping you build a network of connections and adding an understanding of the commercial environment and workplace practice, whatever the industry you have trained for. Although internships are unpaid, you will come away with a wealth of knowledge and experience that is essential for furthering your career.
Many students who have completed the Intern NZ programme have managed to find full-time employment as a result of the contacts they have made during their internship.
AIS MBA Internship Pathway
Built into the MBA programme, the MBA internship pathway provides students with work experience in their chosen industry, while they continue to study.
- You need to have completed your module requirements and discussed your suitability for an internship with the Academic Head of Programme, Dr Richard Goodall.
- Unpaid internships that are part of course requirements are NOT considered work by Immigration New Zealand. Therefore you are still able to be in paid employment for up to 20 hours per week on your student visa.
- The internship placement fee of $920 (GST inclusive) is fully paid by AIS.
AIS Graduate Placement Service
AIS offers graduates the opportunity to apply for an internship using Intern NZ. This gives graduates the opportunity to work in their related field of study, gaining valuable New Zealand work experience, before finding paid employment.
- Completed your AIS qualification (at Level 7 or above) within the last 12 months
- New Zealand visa holder which will allow you to work full-time
- English language score of IELTS 6.5 or AIS TEP 56 (or above)
- AIS subsidises the placement fee of $920 (GST inclusive) by 50%, so you will pay only $460 for this service.
- To gain the best experience from your placement, you need to be available to work full-time, four days per week. Placements of 16 to 20 weeks are most beneficial (these terms are negotiable).
- The placement is NOT a paid position and there is no guarantee of a permanent paid position at the end of the placement.
How to Apply
Contact Ashley Brown in the Student Careers Centre
Room AG4, Asquith Campus
Phone: +64 9 845 5606 ext 216