Become A Chartered Accountant
The Bachelor of Business (Accounting) programme at AIS is accredited by both Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and CPA Australia.
This means that with careful selection of your electives you can satisfy the the academic requirements for admission to CAANZ and CPA Australia membership, putting yourself on the front foot for a career in Accounting.
As the only private tertiary education provider in New Zealand to have this accreditation you can be assured of the quality of the BBus (Accounting) programme.
Below are the required courses for membership, most are prescribed within the Accounting specialisation but there are four courses you'll need to select as your electives.
- 2.101 Accounting Principles *
- 2.112 Information Technology Concepts *
- 2.113 Business Economics *
- 2.114 Business Law
- 2.115 Business Mathematics and Statistics
- 2.223 Financial Management *
- 2.235 New Zealand Taxation
- 2.236 Managerial Accounting *
- 2.239 Financial Accounting *
- 2.261 Research Methods
- 2.337 Advanced Financial Accounting *
- 2.338 Auditing *
- 2.344 Advanced Managerial Accounting *
Speak to Business Lecturer and Resident CPA Australia member, Beena Lal, about your study plan to ensure you can complete all the required courses.
* (prescribed in BBus (Accounting))